• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated for pregnancy Is this right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alliesmommy

What is the name of your state?Florida

I have been at my job for a month and a half. 2 weeks intot he job I found out I was pregnant. I started getting ill last Monday but toughed it out. I threw up at work on Friday and got SENT HOME!!!!! Since Friday I havent been able to hold anything down so Monday my husband called work for me and told them he was taking me to the doctor. I get to work on Tuesday and my boss doesnt remember him calling in so she fusses at me. She finally remembers him calling in. Well Tuesday I also has a docotors appointment. So she says she is bumping me down to part time because I am so sick. The appointment on Tues. ended up all day b/c of IV fluids and emergency ultrasound. Wed. I call her to tell her how things went and to ask her if goin gto part time was just a way of getting rid of me. And she said yes it was that they were letting me go.

Is this legal?? Can they do that just because I missed 2 days of work well 3 if you count when she sent me home. Is there a legal action that I can take? :confused:

Beth3

Dismissing you because you were pregnant is illegal (if this employer has 15 or more employees.) Dismissing you because you had only been there a short time and were absent several times with likely more absences to come is not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">