• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated Unfairly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blackgossamer

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Workplace:Texas Corporate office:Indiana

Long Question-
My manager and I were fired on Monday January 9. We were told that it was for Poor Job Performance based on our closing percent. I leased apartments. We were both written up on Dec 20 for the same thing and given 15 - 30 days to correct the problem, Jan 13 would have been 15 working days for each of us. The "problem" had been corrected by Jan 9. The issue is that there were 3 of us working in the office. Two of us were fired and 1 lady was left. All 3 of us were around the same closing percent. My bosses was 25%, mine was 21%, and the other lady was 19%. The other lady is still there and had a worse closing % than both of us. Also, we were called on Dec 30 and were told to hold a particular apartment for a corporate lease. This apartment was to be filled on Jan 9 and I have now found out belongs to the new manager. This tells me that it was pre-determined to get rid of us. It was held 10 actual days after our write up. Not enough time to see how the closing percents may increase. I have paperwork to back up the closing percentage statement and maintence employees who could give a statement about the new manager being placed in the unit we had on hold. In any event I'd like to know if this legal? Given that were not actually given a chance to increase performance? They have kept someone with lower closing percentage? Any recourse? I've filed unemployment, any chance of that?

I appreciate any help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it is legal and yes, you will quite likely qualify for unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">