• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated unfairly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Orion Blastar

The way that goes, they can get rid of anyone. All they have to do is make up some stupid reason, or say "Suspicion" and poof you are gone.

This happened to me recently. Some coworkers made up some rumors about me, and management believed it. No proof, and I didn't do any of the things I was accused of. But anyway, now my job is gone.

What can a guy like me do when he is falsy accused of doing something and gets fired for suspicion? This disqualified me for five weeks for unemployment, which means I am fired and have no income right now.

Funny thing is the things I got accused of doing, my coworkers did those on a daily basis and didn't get fired. Is this discrimination if I can prove that other coworkers did what I got accused of doing?

Prior to this, I was on short-term disability for three months due to a depression. After I got back to work from the short-term disability, I was treated differently. People didn't smile at me anymore, and I was given a lot of projects that nobody else wanted. I got moved to a smaller area than my coworkers had, and I was no longer included in some of the meetings. I did my work as best as I could, but it wasn't good enough for them and they terminated me. I think they did this because I suffer from depression, and they had to make up some bogus reason to get rid of me. A year before I got let go another coworker had marriage problems and got depressed and they let him go on another bogus suspision charge. Is it fair to treat people with depression this way?

I am told that they hired someone at a lower salary that I had earned, and that part of the reason why they wanted to get rid of me was that I was there for over four years and after five years I would have started to draw a pension. Nobody in my area that did the same job as me had five years or over at the company.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you believe that you were terminated because you took medical leave and for no other reason, you may have a cause of action. Give the EEOC a call, describe your situation, and see what they have to say.

M

Mark05278

Orion Blastar,

I can sympathize with you. It happened to me 6 years ago. My boss back-stabbed me and I have never forgot it.

Unlucky for me - This employer is located in Missouri, and Missouri is a "free-will" state. Employers today have scummy, cruel lawyers on their side and can make up anything.

I wasn't smart enough to realize that they were giving me hard projects that they knew I couldn't do. My supervisor wasn't hardly around to get help from and other employees couldn't help either.

They made up lies on the day of my termination that I wasn't performing knowledge-wise to the level that I should be. I didn't get very much training at all, but the scum bag had other employees to lie on his behalf because they were scared to be let go too.

It is too bad that God allows morons such as this to walk the earth. You hate to wish bad things on idiots like this but when unfair terminations happen to good people, it can devastate their lives.

You have my sympathy. I know it is hard right now, but you deserve better. Remember - There are other employers out there!

Mark05278

O

Orion Blastar

Thanks Mark

At least I know I am not alone. That Employers can make up all kinds of lies about their employees to let them go and not have to prove any of it.

The laws, apparently, are on the side of the firms, not the employees. I hope that our lawmakers remember that when we citizens go to vote when their term is up and they need to be re-elected that they pass laws in favor of the employee.

Jerks apparently rule this planet.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Orion - did you read what I said? It's not all one-sided. You do have some options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">