• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated What about non compete?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

locksmith

I worked for a company and had a non compete agreement. All of the employees were terminated about 2500. This was on a friday. Within the next week, they filed bankruptcy. I have a letter of termination that also says my position in the company was eliminated.
Now another company has purchased the assets of this company and is stating we cannot work for anyone else that might do the same thing. All the employees were sent this letter.
I live in Illinois. It has been about 3 months since this bankruptcy.

Any thoughts?:confused:

T

troynsam

Need more specifics on nature of the non-compete agreement, and what particulars it stated. Does it mention a buy-out? I am fairly sure that bankruptcy would have made any and all such contracts either void, or subject to magistrate, depending on state laws, and what chapter of bankruptcy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">