• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated while on leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DaveinMN

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
ok heres the deal, a friend was on leave from a pt job. he came in one day to find that the store manager had told all the managers that he had been fired while on leave and that he was not to have any association with the bussiness at all. Is that legal? Secondly, the same boss forced me out in the following way, I requested a leave during the school year(something that had been done before by others). My manager said no which is fine but then he said that I had to either work for him or for my other job. Either stick it out there or i was done(his words). Can he Force a PT employee to choose between one job and another?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What kind of leave was he on and how long had he been on it? That will determine whether firing him during the leave was legal.

While it may not be fair, you can be fired for any reason not prohibited by law, including working a second job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">