• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated while my Workers Comp is pending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chase13

I live in Ohio. I am a 20% disabled Vet since 1984 for a back injury. I hurt my back at work in June 2001. Workers Comp approved the injury but my employer appealed and won. I was excused from work under a doctors orders for 12 weeks. My Workers Comp case is still under appeal. In the mean time my employer "laid me off" due to "lack of work". They did not eliminate my position they filled it with someone 1/2 my age (I am 45) who is making considerably less salary than I was. I feel this may be Disability Discrimination or Retaliation. Can they terminate me while I have Workers Comp case open? I am protected by the ADA for my service connected disability which the doctor says was aggravated by the work injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">