• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rlaw55429

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

About 5 months ago I was hired by a software company that makes software for the Staffing Industry. I was hired as the trainer. I also was hired by them with their knowledge that I did not have Staffing experience. I had about three weeks training by observing the one trainer train. That was it. I decided to rewrite the training manual (had not been updated in 2 years) and learn the software myself that way. I was sent on my own to a client to train after a month on the job. After training I received very high marks. I always received high marks since I started training 15 years ago.

Last Friday I was terminated because they stated I did not have staffing experience. They wanted me to sign a letter referring to this fact which I did not sign. I know there is "at Will" dismissal for employment but this does not seem fair. I guess your answer will be it isn't fair but that is the way it goes.

Anyway it felt good to write this even if I do not get a response.

Beth3

You're right about the answer. It's very unfortunate that the employer didn't assess the need for prior training experience before they hired you but nothing illegal has taken place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">