• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jasonmark

What is the name of your state? PA.

I know pennsylvania is considered an at will state, but a few things have come up at work that has greatly disturbed me. i started working for a real estate title company over two years ago. in the beginnig things were going great, but business slowed down dramatically. they decided to lay off a girl who trained me on how to do her job. months later they brought her back only to fire her for using the computer to look for sex. Business picked back up about a month later and they hired another woman to help me out. we did not get along for a 6 months because she just did not listen. even the office manager would get into arguments with her continually because she would not listen, she always thought her way was the best. well, then the office manager hired her best friend to work for our company for the summer and it turned out to be a nightmare. she would talk to all of the employees like we were dirt beneath her feet, so i filed a grievance against her only to find out that other employees had complained about her and nothing had been done since she was best friends with the manager. Luckily she found a job as a teacher with a school district and left our company. during that time period the manager of the company started yelling at me and my coworkers to try and make herself look good but we just let this pass. until one day she came back and called me and my coworker stupid and didnt listen to her and kept on going like this for about 5 mins. i was pissed. so when we had our regular monday morning meetings i typed up a letter stating that her actions were rude and inconsiderate toward me and my coworkers. well that blew out of control and she ended the meeting. months later i was called into her office and had a conference call with her and the owner of our company, she told him that i had a condiscending attitude toward her and her best friend that worked there, i bothered other coworkers and kept them from their jobs and then told him that the medications i take were affecting my job performance. all of these statements were inacurrate and she knew this, but at that time i just sat there and listened to what he had to say and left. i have an inherited disease called cmt that destroys the nerves in my legs and feet so i have to wear foot braces and i get them from a place called national rehab equipment. i've been off from work for the last 2 days and received a phone call at home yesterday from the office manager stating that she got a call from national rehab and gave a comment of thats all i know. i can bet when i go in today this national rehab will come up with her and the owner. how much information would i have to give and do i really need to continue to explain every bit of my private life to them.? and if i'm terminated can i fight this.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
how much information would i have to give and do i really need to continue to explain every bit of my private life to them.?

How much information about what? And what part of your private life are you having to explain to them? I'm sorry, but I can't understand how those questions fit with the rest of your post.

PS. White space is your friend. You might try to include some of it when you post back - it makes your post much easier to read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">