• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

generic12345

In the state of Tennessee if you are terminated are you required by law to provide security passwords and log in information to employer?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are asking whether or not there is a statute that specifically requires you to provide such information back to the employer, there is not.

However, passwords and log in information to the company softwares belong to the employer, not to you. If the employer sues you for the information, he will win.

pattytx

And he could sue you if he suffers damages because you did not provide them.

I'm not getting the problem. Why wouldn't you provide them? :confused:

commentator

If it's their system, they should be able to get in to anything you're doing or have done anyhow. It might make it easier if you told them your password, but it doesn't seem like a big deal. I don't know of any such law. If it's your personal computer......??? huh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">