• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MLG

I work in CA. My father ownes 65 % of the co. My husband and I work for with a junior partner owning 35%. Last week the junior partners decided to give my husband a termination notice without consulting my father. This all came about after the junior partner and another supervisor kept asking my husband all kinds of questions on his job so now they feel he is not needed and this other supervisor can do his job (which she can't) My husband has not been terminated because they can't go over the senior partners head and do that but the junior partner and other supervisors and even some employees have become very hostile and have made it a very bad work envorment. Is there anything we can legally do to the junior partner who has started all of this. Thanks

JETX

You ask, "Is there anything we can legally do to the junior partner who has started all of this".

Who is 'we'???

If you mean you, the answer is no.
If you mean your husband, the answer is no.
If you mean you and your husband, the answer is still no.
If you mean the majority owner, the answer is maybe. Depends on the powers that he has by the partnership agreement.. and how much he agrees or disagrees with the others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">