• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

C.J.R.M.

Texas
I worked for a city. I was injured 3/2000 and had operations 4/2001 and 7/2001. I recieved workmans comp from 4/2001 to 8/2001 and returned to work with limited duty. I was in therapy from 6/2001 to this week. The city gave me a letter stating that my time for limited duty was up as of 11/05 and that I could resign, take disability, or become inactive and lose all of my vacation and sick time. I refused to resign and they asked 3 times for a letter of resignation. I am being paid until 11/27. My question is I am left with 4 scars, unable to do heavy shopping, yard work, certain household work, ect. and on pain pills. They told me disability will take 6 months to begin. I have 20 years until retirement. Can they do this? Can I sue them for the fact that they made me disabled?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">