• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination After Change to A New Job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slu

What is the name of your state? NJ

Early this year, I was contacted by a head hunter who I was met once last year. She recommended me to a new job opportunity with a publicly traded company in NJ(Ticker: CVA). I have been with my current company for two years, which is also a publicly traded company, but my salary is a bit lower and the working environment becomes a bit stagnant. So I went to the interview, the hiring manager who is a director, she looks nice and soft spoken, she said they had a problem of getting their internal reports out to board of directors on time, job is going to be very busy, she needs someone to fix the problem. The head hunter told me that I will replace a guy who did poorly in the position, he had work ethic issue, very lazy, making many mistakes in the reports ect.. Before they made me the offer, I did have concerns about my job security because this company just emerged out of bankrutpcy not long ago. When I asked the hiring manager, she said the company's turnover rate is very low. Shortly after I joined the group, I found that three people in the group are not nice to each other, my supervisor and a manager have a problem to keep their jobs (they had pressue from upper management to get the report done automatically, manual preparation delays the report and affects the accuracy). She told me that both her and the manager will have to pack their stuff and leave without fixing the problem automation problem. Due to this, I had work so hard figuring out the problem they had while learning new skills at the same time, during the process, the manager who is responsible for the process gave me a hard time, even use rude language when I asked her for questions. But after I come up with a solution to fix the problem, results showed promissing in the Development environment, my supervisor turned blue face to me, send an email listing all alleged work performance issues I had in the past two months, I realized that I was fooled by fixing the problem for them (the company also hires a couple of consultants from a prestige firm to fix the problem, but did not suceed while at the same time, I came up with correct solution), they wanted to burn the bridge...I was terminated when my tenure reaches three months, one month's salary as termination compensation which I have not signed the voluntary release.

I was so pissed off by both the hiring manager and the job hunter. I think they use my desire to learn new skills and get a bit higher salary to allure me to this company, their intension to terminate my employment is not clear.

This is a case probably happened to people in this group, it has nothing to do with sexual harassment...Can I sue the company or the hiring manager? for what ground? or simply let this go, move forward...I desperately need your assistance and advice.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">