• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termination agreement - Minnesota

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cris1234

The company I work for was recently bought out. There were three employees, myself being one of them.

We all received our termination agreements yday, but the compensation I am to receive is much smaller than the other 2 employees.

Do I have any rights in this?? I understand that severence is not legally required, but this seems unfair. We have all worked about the same length of time and our salaries are about the same.

The difference is this: We all worked for different parts of the business. I, unfortunately worked for the business that did not
do very well. That is the reasoning for the lesser amount. I didn't contribute to the part of the business that succeeded.

I just need an opinion on whether or not this is fair.

Please advise -

Cris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">