• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination at the end of probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blacksred

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I started working at this company in 5/09 with a 6 months probationary period. Due to significant issues with a project I was working my probation was extended for an additional 60 days. My boss has NOT been around and I have struggled with this project. During my last evaluation I was given a final 30 extension. I have been working on this project since i started but the 5 people before me failed before it was given to me. During the final 2 weeks of my 30 days my boss is on vacation, and I have pretty much resigned myself that i will be getting terminated. Will I be able to get unemployment. I have been working consistently for 15 years.

swalsh411

Unless your former employer can show willful misconduct, and it sounds based on your post like they can not, then you will not be disqualified for unemployment for that reason. If you have been working since May 09 then you should also have enough wages in the base period to qualify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">