• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termination extensions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

child6of8

I'm exempt and working in MN for a large publicly held company until given R.I.F. termination notice last June. In July they extended my termination to an undefined date. I continue working with the current pay and benefits without the normal review. I interviewed for other positions within the company without success. In October they finally set a termination date in writing for next February as when I could be eligible for my severance package. Now in December they are considering extending me again until next May or beyond.

Can I leave the company after the Feb date and demand my severance?

Should I get any choices in their extensions like accept/decline/early out clause?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can leave the company at any time you want, but if you leave before you are RIF'd you will have no legal basis for demanding your severance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">