• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termination, fired because supervisor don't like me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jakouzouki

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
ok, I have been working for this company since March 3, 2009, as a week-end supervisor, so after the stop the week-end shift to make room to add acouple new machines, they send me to work as an assistant supervisor on second shift to help until the week end shift is up and running again. However since I have been on this second shift, this supervisor only communicate with a female lead, none of them won't comunicate with me. here is the drama, I don't know what this guy ( supervisor ) and the lead are trying to do, both don't like me. on Wednesday aroung 3:40 after the shift started, the HR came, my operation director wich is my boss that I report to.., and the shift supervisor caLLED ME AT THE CONFERENCE ROOM WITH ANOTHER FEMALE EMPLOYEE. The HR told me that they have witnesses that the female was flashing her t.t to me when I was in the operation area. I told them that game is appeared to be new to me because I never noticed anything like that or aware of that. then they fired the lady in question. Then they HR found out that I didn't know anything about that, she told me that the only reason that she won't fired me, is because the person that told them, save my job because she also said that << I was not looked at at the lady >> then she asked me to call her at home because she only live 10 minutes from the plant, I told her that I never had her home number and she asked my boss to give it to me in case if there is any problem to call her. then at the end of this meeting, she told the second shift supervisor that the girl saves my job by telling that I wasn't looking at that lady when that happened. After that she ask that shift supervisor what does he thinks? the supervisor said that he doesn't need me to be on that shift. and that's all and HR told me that if he doesn't want you, then you fired too and she will pay me for the rest of the day.
question. do you think I should get fired because this supervisor said that he doesn't want me on that shift?
don't you think this IS FAVORITISM OVER ME?
I wait for any answer before I take action.
thanks

Betty

It is not illegal to show favoritism or to not like you. In at-will employment, you can be terminated at any time for any reason except a reason prohibited by law (ie age, religion, gender) or unless you have a binding employment contract or CBA to the contrary.

Based on your post, I see nothing illegal. Sorry.

commentator

You're fired. Start calling to file for your unemployment benefits. You have been fired for what? Tell whoever takes your claim that you were fired because of something that happened at work (good luck, I can't get a handle on anything from your post, except that someone flashed their ta tas, and you did or didn't look!) but anyhow, they have terminated you for misconduct, when you did no misconduct, had not been warned, and had no idea what they were accusing you of.

To keep you from getting unemployment, they would need to prove that you were fired for misconduct, that you were given warnings and that you were given a reason for your termination, which has very obviously not happened. Say that you were doing the job to the best of you abilities, that you did not see what was going on, and that you were not involved in any misconduct by other employees.

This shoud eventually get you approved for unemployment benefits. Yeah, it does sound like favoritism, or stupidity on the part of the employers and several of your co workers, but walking away and filing for your unemployment is the best recompense you can have in this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">