• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this termination legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

feff771

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Utah

I worked for a callcenter. The internet project I was assigned to is ending. The project manager placed me on suspension pending review for supposedly playing a game at work and trying to shut down a remote terminal viewing program. The manager could not provide proof as to either claim. I don't play games at work, and at the time the program was being viewed as a possible security breach by a number of supervisors. The project manager then went on a witch-hunt, probing and questioning agents, trying to get any information she could use to fire me. An agent quit and sent out a "disgruntled worker" email to all on the project. Mentioning in the email the unannounced end of the project. Two days later I am terminated for disclosing that information to the agent. I never once breached my confidentiality agreement. Or said one word to anyone about the upcoming end of the project. Since my termination, the HR department will not return phone calls or emails requesting the proof, or any further information on the matter. Do I have a leg to stand on here? Was this termination legal? Thanks in advance.

Beth3

Do I have a leg to stand on here? Sorry, no.

Was this termination legal? Yes.

Your employer is free to terminate your employment based on suspicion of misconduct even if they are completely mistaken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">