• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination LEGAL??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

m69n

I hope someone can help with this. I live in Washington nd here is what happened. I worked for a company that stated you could not purchase items and resell them on the internet. I had worked for them for a year and was just terminated on friday. I had purchased two systems one for me and one for a friend. Well the friend backed out and I listed the second system for sale on ebay. Long story short the company found out and showed me the emails from the net and terminated me immediatley. I know I signed a form stating I wouldn't do this, and I am just wondering if this form is lega???? PLEASE HELP!!

T

troynsam

Termination LEGAL?

I'm sorry to say that the termination is legal and would hold up in most courts if litigation were pursued. Most state's have "at will" employment, which means that termination can take place for any reason, although this does not prevent litigation.

racer72

Washington is not an "at will" work state. You violated your employment agreement, your out the door. Period. You have no recourse.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Excuse me, Racer, but Washington IS an at will state. The only state that is not, is Montana.

However, that does not change the fact that this termination was entirely legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">