• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination To Maintain Cover Ups

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KARENKAT1067

State of Michigan. I worked in a group home for a year and a half, of which over a year I was assistant manager, and stepped down. I was terminated in June because of medical negligence involving a client, to which I voiced my opinion on. An on call asst. mgr. from another home was aware of what was going on and was more concerned about 4 grapes being on the floor than a client vomiting enuresis every 5minutes or less. I had enough of this such activity and called the assistant manager a bitch. There were 2 staff present when this took place. It took place over the phone. I was told to immediately leave, or the cops would be called. At that point I called a higher up at the office and told her I quit. I also stated that the client had better not die. The client in question was vomiting starting at 7am. I notified the asst. mgr. of our home, and the med. coordinator. By the time I left at 9am, I was told that the dr. would be called, along with the morc nurse. I returned to the home at 5:30p to retrieve an item I left behind, and as I pulled in, an ambulance was pulling out. The staff that came in for the afternoon shift told the med. coordinator to call 911. The med. coor stated that she did not know how. She has been employed there for over 11years. That client was left there all day vomiting enuresis. The med. coor. claims he did no vomiting all day, but in the shower room, there was vomit all over the walls and floor. So, one of the afternoon staff called 911. I wanted to see what was written in the house log about it, and much to my surprise the only thing written was about how the floor was dirty that morning. So, I called the asst. mgr. from the other home, and asked her what was up with that. She told me very defensively she did not see any problem, but with the floor. I called her a bitch, and also said I hope she sleeps good that evening knowing what she did to the client. She immediately called back and told me to leave per the higher ups. So i did. The next day, the higher ups, who never go to that home unless absolutely necessary, were there all day going over documents, they changed the locks, and I was informed I was not so much as even allowed on the property. That was a thurs. and on Monday I met with the Office of Recipient Rights at one of the companies sips that I used to run. Based on what I alleged, they opened a full investigation, or so I thought. I have in writing letters from them saying they have done several interviews with the staff that had knowledge about said allegations. Well, I talk to staff there, and rights has never been in side that home, or talked to the staff involved. They did go there a few weeks ago, and no one was there, so they left a note saying to call them. No one called, and they never returned. Rights is supposed to be a watchdog for the group homes. And that is just the tip of the ice burg, and its a glacier. I can prove everything. Professional neglegence, medical negligence, gross negligence, and I am sure lots of others. Way too much to list here, and again, I can prove it all. Someone needs to stand up for the rights of the clients, and I did. It cost me everything. Now I just need someone to listen to the whole sordid story and help. Thanks for reading this!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">