• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination for not shaving?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stahlmark

I was hired over 9 years ago, with a neat and trimmed beard. Today a memo was handed out that stated the following:

"Due to very severe restrictions by important clients, all technicians will be required to have a clean shaven face. If there are any problems, please put them in writing to _______(Co.owner). This is not a ________(Co. Name) condition, but a condition imposed on us by the client. In order to serve our customers, this will be a requirement."

For the past 9 years the clients which have this restrictions have been handled by other technicians other than myself. I find it unusual for the sudden change in my owners mindset and find it bothersome as he already dictates my clothing, what my auto insurance coverages should be, my using a cell phone he decided on after I had contracted my own for work use a year and a half earlier. How long before he dictates that I must get my missing teeth replaced or that I must keep my weight under a certain amount.
Can an employer legally terminate one for not shaving?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">