• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination Pay/ Union

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andrewNew

I have 3 Questions please.
I. Here in New York, by law, when should a Termination Pay be issued? I was terminated from my employment almost 3 weeks now. My union said that the person who is supposed to sign the issuance of my check resigned so probably that is one of the reasons why. Where can I find a law about this. Its not in my Union contract.
2.If my arbitration result is negative or positive or if I will be reinstated or not in my job, can I sue my/past employer for inflicting damage to my name,terminating me wrongfuly, causing me physical,emotional,financial burden and decrease employment oppurtunities?
3. When is the best time to start using a personal lawyer, before or after arbitration.
Thanks for any views you can give.:rolleyes: :cool:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1.) in New York your final check must be released on the next regular payday, whenever that is.

2) & 3.) I don't have enough knowledge of New York regs regarding arbitration to answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">