• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination related questions (paperwork and such) Need urgent help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brian99

State: Michigan.

I called in sick one day to my temp service employer. Anyways they didnt get the message I was sick so they terminated me and replaced me with someone else. I have to go to the office tommorow to pick up my paycheck and sign some papers. Now on the paper work, if I disagree with what they have written, do I have a right to refuse to sign the paperwork? Also they have a policy in the handbook that says if you are employed for less than a week, they can pay you minimum wage for all work performed no matter your pay rate. Is that right, sounds cruel too me.

Someone please answer me quickly. Thanks.

V

VickieD58

I am not a Lawyer but I do know that you dont have to sign any papers and it is adviseable that you do not sign anything when you pick up your paycheck. You also have the option of taking your paycheck and the papers you do have to the dept of labor, if the temp service owes you money they will get it for you. I hope this has been helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">