• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination without good cause.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donna_taylor

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.
I was terminated for not interrupting the doctor during a colonoscopy procedure, to tell him the oxygen man was there. The oxygen man comes every week. I worked for this doctor for two years and was never told to interrupt him for the oxygen man.Do I have a case?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not based on the facts in your post, no.

An employer is not required to have good cause before they can fire someone. It was legal to fire you for this, even though it may have been a foolish reason to fire someone.

The fact that you may have received unemployment benefits based on a "not good cause" determination does NOT mean that the termination was illegal.

C

CheeseBlotto

No case. Employement at will means your employer can fire you for (almost) any reason, or for no reason at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">