• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thefts and other problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sray_86

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Okay, I really need advice as to what to do. I know I 'm going to be getting fired soon, and don't know if or even how I should react to everything. I just recently started working for a fast food restaraunt and found out my store manager, assistant manager, and a couple regular employees have been stealing a LOT of money from the corporation. They have taken entire deposits... we're talking about around $1,000 or more, and then they "cover" it and whatever they are short on, they take from the next deposit and keep doing so until they can make up for it. Now when I say "cover", I mean they "underring." You may walk up and order a sandwiche, they will charge you the correct amount and take the change out of the drawer, but they never cash it in, so the sale doesn't register. Somehow the way they have rigged everything, inventory doesn't get too messed up either... supposedly. The assistant manager and one of my coworkers took a liking to me since day one, and I actually moved in with the one coworker... before I found out what was going on.

Well, when I found out, I questioned the store manager about it, and he denied everything. That same day my register was supposedly $100 short. I wasn't written up for it, at least if I was I never signed anything or saw a copy of it. Then this week I was put on the schedule, and then told the day before not to come in because somebody else was going to be coming in for me. Well, I ended up getting a phone call today telling me I was fired. Now I got angry and told him what happened, and he said he didn't care. I then brought up how I knew every little detail of what they have been doing, and that I am not afraid to take it to the higher ups. My job for now is saved. I really need to know what to do. I know that once they cover the rest of the $500 or so they need for the last deposit they took, they will probably end up trying to fire me. There is only so much I can do. I know the district manager is friends with the store manager, and I can't get the numbers for any of the higher people up the chain of command. How can I get out of this mess without getting myself in trouble, without ending up homeless again, etc? And no, I never did cover or anything. I just have been aware for about a week or so of what has been going on, and I am wondering if they may even have something they have set up or are trying to set up where they can try to put it on me. For example, they other day the assistant manager gave me $270 and asked me to bring it to the bank and to get change for her. Now I am just a regular employee, and of course I'm on camera taking the money, putting it in the coat pocket etc. I did make sure of course to have it on camera of me coming back holding all the coins and the envelope with bills, but still. I can just imagine them finding a way with something like that, or a way for them to put it on me

As said I am just a regular employee. They have had me come in and work off the clock, they have let me make my own food when I was out of uniform and off the clock, they have told me the one manager number, so I can actually override anything on the register and even ring up manager meals, and they have also told me the safe combination. Well, now that I pretty much have thought of everything that I can that applies to the situation... I need to know two things. (1) Is there any possible way I can get in trouble that you can think of? (2) What can/should I do about this entire situation?What is the name of your state?

Sray_86

forgot to mention

I did forget to mention a couple things. When I first got hired, the assistant manager and the coworker I am living with pulled me aside. They told me they knew I was living in the shelter, and that if I wanted to I could live with me coworker, pay half the rent, and get an occasional booty call. (The store manager is a male, the coworker and assistant managers are females, and I'm a male.) I still say I made the wrong decision in moving in with her, but it was a better opportunity than the shelter. The second day I worked, there was all sorts of sexual harassment going on, but none of it gets reported. The asst manager and my coworker was grabbing my (pardon my language) ass, the asst. manager walked up and told me money was missing from one of the registers, then she reached into all my pockets, pulled my pants out and looked in underneath, and then made a comment about my penis.. which she was staring at. Then she walked away with a big grin and told my coworker she saw my penis. On a seperate occasion they took another one of my coworkers and handcuffed him to a chair and was teasing him and all. It really is out of control to no end in many different ways. I've even seen things I thought was impossible. This guy that works for us came in to the back room and took off his clothes to show the asst. manager and my coworker something... he then proceeding to give himself a blowjob while they looked in shock. It just seems like way too much stupidity going on at once to really be happening.

ecmst12

Sounds like you need to find another job. It's only a matter of time before the corporate office finds out what's going on, and you will go down with the ship if you're still around.

msiron

You know what a~hole, I think your the same person nancylynn who made this post forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=396097

can admin please check IP's on this nut-job, tale teller.

Sray_86

You know what a~hole, I think your the same person nancylynn who made this post forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=396097

can admin please check IP's on this nut-job, tale teller.

Actually I'm a completely different person. I really don't appreciate the bad attitude and name calling on that either. If you want to know more, you can email me at [email protected]

It's a messed up situation. The sexual harassment I'm not too stressed about, though it did happen. As for the thefts, I really need good advice on what to do. Do I go to corporate myself? Do I just keep my mouth shut and keep working there? What options really do I have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">