• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is There Any Problem Legally With Posting This Publicly On The Internet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronb2nd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

My experience is my employment experience and everything I am about to say is very true. I worked for them for 1 year and became the project manager and estimator within 3 months of employment. I accomplished many things like raising the profits, retained new clients, hired good strong employees and actually thought I was a part of the growth and would be there with them to grow. The new account that I initiated and was working on retaining for them is what I believe got them through the slow months of the year. Anyway what I am so very frustrated about is there business practices after I retained a new account they did nothing for me. No incentive bonus, no good job, no nothing..... Hmmmm this was something I could not understand. I initiate a new client and they gave me nothing.... I just could not understand... and this client increased there revenue by alot per month. They do not offer any type of benefits and give the techs 4.00 gas reimbursement when they charge $10.00 trip fee to there clients. So they are making 6.00 per trip when all the techs use there own personal vehicles to complete there jobs??? They tell you all these things make promises they never intend to fill and basically only look at there employees as robots. I was told when I was learning my new position " you are not a set it and forget it robot " I never knew I was a robot. I am a hard working honest reliable employee that did everything for this company. When in the end they fired me for a mistake and made it look like a whole different scenario. I am filing for unemployment and they are trying to fight that. They have fought every unemployment case that has ever came there way??? Oh ya and after all I have done for them they gave me a severance package totaling $250.00 LOL. What I am saying here is in my opinion this company is very un fair in there business practices. When I was working for them they only worked off of a handyman license. They also do jobs everyday that are well over the handyman license limit. I am just being honest here and do not want anyone else to suffer emotionally as I have suffered due to this company. They also gave me an I pad & a chromebook computer I never signed anything for the items so I thought they gave them to me. After the termination they file a police report saying I stole the items that they gave me. I returned the items. But it is not right the way I was treated and I am very scared that they will treat someone else in the same manner.

Please tell me if I can legally post this on a public site without any legal issues. Thx

quincy

... Please tell me if I can legally post this on a public site without any legal issues. ...
You can legally write statements that are supportably true and you can legally write statements that are "pure" opinion (which do not imply or state something that is false) but you can do neither without the risk of a lawsuit. Negative reviews often spawn lawsuits or, at least, the threats of lawsuits.

You might also want to keep in mind that publishing negative statements about a former employer makes you a less attractive candidate to prospective future employers.

If you decide to write about your former employer anyway, despite the risks, then I recommend you have a legal professional in your area look over what you have written prior to publication. You do not want to be sued for defamation (or I assume you don't).

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please stop posting new threads about the same topic. Your topic is your termination of employment. All of the things you are posting are sub-topics for that same topic.

ronb2nd

Please stop posting new threads about the same topic. Your topic is your termination of employment. All of the things you are posting are sub-topics for that same topic.
This topic in my opinion is not a sub topic about my termination it is about a blog post I have not yet posted. I am asking advice on this subject in general. It may be that it happens to be about my former employer but it is a completely different question. Did I say something that you don't like? I am asking advice and the answer I get from you is that? I am confused here.

quincy

Oh. And his other threads are rather interesting ones, too. I should have checked.

This post sounds related to your other threads, ronb2nd. It is best if you keep all questions together.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My advice to you (serious advice, not snarky) is that you move on. A dose of therapy couldn't hurt either.

LeeHarveyBlotto

This topic in my opinion is not a sub topic about my termination it is about a blog post I have not yet posted. I am asking advice on this subject in general. It may be that it happens to be about my former employer but it is a completely different question. Did I say something that you don't like? I am asking advice and the answer I get from you is that? I am confused here.
What do you hope to gain by posting it? Having the right to say something and it being the smart thing to do are often not the same.

Eekamouse

I think you should post it everywhere you want. Potential employers will find your story very enlightening when they consider hiring you.

quincy

What do you hope to gain by posting it? Having the right to say something and it being the smart thing to do are often not the same.
ronb2d is smart to ask about the legalities first, though. Many people don't - and some of them find their way to this forum asking for advice because they have been sued.

It is generally easiest and cheapest to prevent a problem than to solve one after-the-fact. :)

LeeHarveyBlotto

ronb2d is smart to ask about the legalities first, though. Many people don't - and some of them find their way to this forum asking for advice because they have been sued.

It is generally easiest and cheapest to prevent a problem than to solve one after-the-fact. :)
Sorry, I meant the blog entry, not asking about it here.

quincy

Sorry, I meant the blog entry, not asking about it here.
I understood that - and I agree with what you wrote earlier. Having the legal right to do something does not always make doing it smart. And I, personally, do not see that publishing negative comments about an employer (past or present) is a smart thing to do - if one wants a future employer. :)

Proserpina

My experience is my employment experience and everything I am about to say is very true. I worked for them for 1 year and became the project manager and estimator within 3 months of employment. I accomplished many things like raising the profits, retained new clients, hired good strong employees and actually thought I was a part of the growth and would be there with them to grow. The new account that I initiated and was working on retaining for them is what I believe got them through the slow months of the year. Anyway what I am so very frustrated about is there business practices after I retained a new account they did nothing for me. No incentive bonus, no good job, no nothing..... Hmmmm this was something I could not understand. I initiate a new client and they gave me nothing.... I just could not understand... and this client increased there revenue by alot per month. They do not offer any type of benefits and give the techs 4.00 gas reimbursement when they charge $10.00 trip fee to there clients. So they are making 6.00 per trip when all the techs use there own personal vehicles to complete there jobs??? They tell you all these things make promises they never intend to fill and basically only look at there employees as robots. I was told when I was learning my new position " you are not a set it and forget it robot " I never knew I was a robot. I am a hard working honest reliable employee that did everything for this company. When in the end they fired me for a mistake and made it look like a whole different scenario. I am filing for unemployment and they are trying to fight that. They have fought every unemployment case that has ever came there way??? Oh ya and after all I have done for them they gave me a severance package totaling $250.00 LOL. What I am saying here is in my opinion this company is very un fair in there business practices. When I was working for them they only worked off of a handyman license. They also do jobs everyday that are well over the handyman license limit. I am just being honest here and do not want anyone else to suffer emotionally as I have suffered due to this company. They also gave me an I pad & a chromebook computer I never signed anything for the items so I thought they gave them to me. After the termination they file a police report saying I stole the items that they gave me. I returned the items. But it is not right the way I was treated and I am very scared that they will treat someone else in the same manner.

Please tell me if I can legally post this on a public site without any legal issues. Thx

Ron, I'm asking this in all sincerity, okay?

Are you actively trying to set yourself up for permanent unemployment?

In today's world - as I'm sure you recognize - employers are not afraid to go hunting down their potential employees to see their online activity. If I came across anything remotely similar to what you've written here, you wouldn't even get past the receptionist's desk.

What is your goal, exactly?

Do you think your post will deter others from wanting to work there?

ronb2nd

I hope to keep others from going through what I have been through. Nothing more nothing less. If I can prevent one person from going through the torment I went through that would make me happy. So after reviewing the paragraph ( which has not been edited by the way ) if I was to post that could my previous employer have grounds to sue me in court. ( Why do I get the feeling you guys seem to know my previous employer. every time I ask you guys a question you guys are giving me run around answers and I don't understand why )

LeeHarveyBlotto

Yes, they can sue you. Would they be successful? Probably not, but it would cost you tens of thousands of dollars to defend your "public service".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">