• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there any way out of this contract.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WorriedMan

I have an H1 work permit. I work for a contracting company which has its head office in CA. I am located at the client's site which is in Tx. I have been them for about 5 months now. I have been with the contracting company ever since I came to the US which was in Sept 1999. I also signed a contract with them before moving to the US.

I have a clause in my contract which goes something like this -
"In the event that your employment is terminated voluntarily or for cause prior to the completion of 1 year of employment or within 6 months after your relocation to a new customer site or prior to the completion of any project to which you were assigned, you agree (1) to pay in full all actual travel and relocation expenses, other advances or reimbursed to you by the company and any salary paid during your bench period. and (2) to pay the company a liquidated damage and not as a plenty a further sum of $35,000"

I have submitted my resignation giving them the required time period . I have been with the contracting company for more than 1 yr and also intend to stay till the completion of the project. But what happens if my project finished before 6 months.

How do i get of this contract then?

Please advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">