• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there a lawsuit for wrongfull termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

l8org8or

Arizona
'Arizona Health Care', fired me, after 3.5 yrs, for not reporting an incident, that occured on a different shift other than my own. the ones it did involve are still employed.
beth(employee)saw laura(employee)with her skirt hiked up to her thighs & patient was playing with himself. she's only to monitor patient. beth failed to write up an incident report, the subject was brought up at a meeting, in which Value Options (the people that pay us to care for these clients/patients) & the staff (Arizona Health Care), get together to discuss client issues & status of the clients. this prompted an investigation from Value Options. we were all questioned & the results were, AHCCMS promoted beth to supervisor, laura got REASSIGNED to a 'SEXUAL OFFENDERS HOUSE' and i am out of a job...........for i guess ........ummmm, i'm not to sure.....for not.......does anyone know if there is some kind of lawsuit that can be filed here? who is at fault? what are my options?

Beth3

You left out some rather pertinent information, such as what your position was, that might shed some light on why you were terminated. For example, were you in a supervisory role or some other capacity that required you to report such incidents or that management legitimately had higher expectations for you than these other employees?

The bottom line however is that while the decision might be unfair, it wasn't illegal. I don't see any basis for a lawsuit.

L

l8org8or

wrongful termination?????????

we have had 4 different supervisors this past month, they keep quitting, at the time the meeting was called it was i and glynis(another employee) attending and representing arizona health care. it was glynis who brought up the incident.

remember, i wasnt on duty at the time it occurred. the ones that were are now promoted to supervisor and the one with her skirt hiked up was relocated to a house holding SEXUAL OFFENDERS....

for 3.5 years i have worked hard for these patients who need my help.....i have 137 unused hours for paid vacation AND 174 hours of unused sick leave........and i guess wasted....i am on my way to pick up my last check.....anymore advice..?:confused:

Beth3

The situation may be unfair but nothing you have shared in either post suggests you have any basis for legal action against the company.

Arizona reg's require the payout of earned but unused vacation time with final wages. There is no requirement to pay out unused sick/personal days in any State.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">