• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a legal way to quit a job? Can I quit through the email?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alindsay

What is the name of your state? California State, Orange County

Can I quit my job by email? I did because I couldn't go in face to face for mental health reasons, and I wanted it documented.

TY

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

alindsay said:
What is the name of your state? California State, Orange County

Can I quit my job by email? I did because I couldn't go in face to face for mental health reasons, and I wanted it documented.

TY

My response:

Sure you can. As a matter of fact, you don't have to do anything at all; i.e., you can abandon your job without saying a word, if you like. While "burning bridges" may not be the best thing to do for your future job prospects, there are no laws dictating "how" an employee may quit.

IAAL

C

coosi

IAAL
Is this one of your employees that you've finally driven "over the edge"? ;)

Beth3

You can send in your resignation via carrier pidgeon if you want but your posts are starting not to make a lot of sense. If you HAVEN'T quit yet, then why all the questions about your final paycheck being withheld until you talk to your supervisor?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

coosi said:
IAAL
Is this one of your employees that you've finally driven "over the edge"? ;)

My response:

Actually, most of my "employees" and partners have been with me for years! They LOVE me! (well, let's put it this way - - I pay my employees very handsomely to "love me").

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Beth3 said:
And they say money can't buy love. Obviously, they haven't met IAAL. :p

My response:

When a person like myself has money, it no longer becomes an issue of survival or obtaining the things one needs. I do that each day without giving money a second thought. Money just becomes a "tool" to be used like a hammer.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

alindsay said - -

"you can pay me to love you...

Lol Lol Lol"

----------------------------------------

My response:

There's a word for that when it comes to women.

IAAL

A

alindsay

Not if...

I'm an employee of yours -- right?...and...what do they call men who accept money for "love?"

A

alindsay

okayyyyy

now...can u get my ex employer to pay me on time? for love or money <wink> but seriously

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">