• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are there types of harassment other than sexual?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blarbo

I was wondering if I have any recourse on a fellow employee who has totally assaulted my character, intelligence and abilities. She has also threatened me, in writing, to continue doing so. Obviously, I am angry, but more frustrated than anything else that she seems to be getting away with it. My boss,who is the president of the company, admits it was unwarranted and he can't understand why she did it, but feels it's not his job to decide what is right and wrong. I say it is his job to keep peace in the workplace by whatever means necessary. If I was him I would have fired her because what she said in the e-mail was just evil. I'm not just saying that because it was directed at me, but because we are a small office and don't need troublemakers. She is working on a big deal right now, so I am afraid maybe that swayed his judgment. She has "butted heads" with other employees as well. Does it make a difference that it wasn't a threat of physical harm? Do I just have to put up with this, or do I have some legal ground to stand on?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">