• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

they admit they were wrong, but .......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

merciful_king

My employer fired me without allowing me to present my side of the story. The Home Depot has an open door policy that requires them to hear my side.
They are admitting that they wrongfully terminated me, and that I was denied "open door policy".
I purchased a hot tub on my contractors account with his written permission. I also have a bid he faxed me that includes the hot tub and it's price. My contractor told my employer that I didn't have his permission. My store manager fired me. Now they're trying to say that I didn't follow Home Depot policy. That I should have told a manager that I was making the purchase on my contractors account. But they can't produce in writing where it states I violated any policy. All the transactions occured off the clock. I was a customer when I purchased the hot tub. Why do I have to tell a manager what I'm doing on my own time?
Also what should I ask for when I'm reinstated. I lost stock value, my 401k, vacation, my wife and I suffered anguish for two weeks. I was denied unemployment compensation. My reputation has been destroyed at all three local stores where I had friends working. And I have a wittness who will testify that one of the managers told others that he was refusing to honor a 10% coupon because I was a thief.

[Edited by merciful_king on 06-29-2001 at 03:53 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">