• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They Cant Get away With This

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chachayahyah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca I was Fired from my Jod as a sales associate the new managersaid I stoled something,but he couldnt tell me what I stoled and he didnt call the police,Unemployment denide me saying that I broke a reasonable employer rule regarding the removel of property belonging to my employer,he had no prove I know I have to do something about this because not only was I wrongfi=ul accused but I was fired and now cant even collect unemloyment HELP

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca I was Fired from my Jod as a sales associate the new managersaid I stoled something,but he couldnt tell me what I stoled and he didnt call the police,Unemployment denide me saying that I broke a reasonable employer rule regarding the removel of property belonging to my employer,he had no prove I know I have to do something about this because not only was I wrongfi=ul accused but I was fired and now cant even collect unemloyment HELP
There was nothing illegal or improper about your termination.

Appeal the UI decision.

eerelations

They sure can get away with it!

It is perfectly legal for employers to fire people that they suspect of wrongdoing, even if they have no evidence of such wrongdoing. It is also perfectly legal for a UI officer to believe the employer's side of the story - even when there is no evidence to back it up - and deny benefits as a result.

JETX

Based solely on the content (spelling, punctuation, etc.), maybe the termination is based on lying about having a high school education?? :D

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If so, it was still a legal termination. (And I'm still trying to figure out what a "Jod" is.)
Definitions of jod on the Web:

* In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the Jordanian Dina.
investor.realnetworks.com/glossary.cfm

* Junior Officer of the Deck
www.geocities.com/batdev/glossary.html

(from Google) :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">