• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

they ignored my doctor's statment and fired me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

square357

illinois i my state ny my state of mind while off on an injury fired i called my boss mon. 4-28-03 let him know i'm going to the doctor's office after that called doctor couldn't go then to much pain rolling over in bed was painful went in tues.4-29-03 got home called boss let him know what the doctor's said stay home under my care tues.5-5-03 fired i didn't know untill i returned to work 5-13-03 statment in hand they claim they knew nothing of my status as of 4-29-30 and you know consecutive three days nocall noshow automatic fired is this legal ?what can i do uion won't help D O L won't help your words would be like a prescious ontment thank you :mad:

Beth3

When you say the DOL won't help, does that mean you've already contacted them to see if you could file a complaint regarding your termination?

The only thing that occured to me after reading your post is a possible violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act but if the DOL has already reviewed the particulars of your termination and told you they could not help, then I'm afraid that's the end of it. Nothing else you've written suggests any other legal possibilities to pursue.

S

square357

unemployment appeal was a joke i think

first thank u 4 your time and concideration most gatefully my appeal the first was denied the curcomstances was a phone hearing i'm under the notion that this was between me and the company and this guy would act as a reff since his title is refferee he took in to concideration num of my evidence in fact the company didn't even take part so i couldn't respond to them nor they to me so is he allowed to reff without both parties accounted for ?????? illinois is the state

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">