• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Things are getting scary/from the Upset Mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kat20

Hello again..You may remember me as the irate Mom writing about my daughter being fired for coercion/blackmail..Crazy..anyway, we now come to something more and this one scares me, so I thought I would come ask for advice..Guess I have to start kindof at the beginning, don't worry, not all of it..After she was fired, she talked to a human resouces person at corporate, and told him all kinds of things about this manager, like "borrowing " money from the safe..If nothing else just to plain make his life hell too..I also told this guy something when he called here..about a completely different situation that I knew this manager had not informed corporate of, the security guard...Well it seems it hit the fan today..On the news tonight, haven't caught the whole story yet, but, it seems they arrested the security guard today for impersonating, and carrying a gun without a license..this manager hired this guy without checking him out..he said he was with a police dept., well he never has been and he also has never been licensed to carry a gun..(This alone scares me, that this guy walked around my kid, and me when I was there)..But on the news they also said about investigating this guard for money that was missing...Hmm...sounds to me like corporate went to look into the manager taking "loans" that they were told about and he got scared and added it onto this guards problems..I made an offhand remark that I was surprised he didn't add that onto my daughters tab when he fired her..Now all night I have been worrying myself..If they prove that the guard did not take the money, I just know this manager will be trying to get my daughter with it..Believe me this guy is a toad...We knew about the security guard, because the night this manager says my daughter did the blackmailing is the same night the guard got caught in his lie...sound like some covering up going on there??? And I don't care about what happens to them, but this blackmail thing is bad enough...she is still jobless...employers want to know "why" you were fired...whcih brings me to another question...what and how much do you tell an employer?? Ok....so now I am giving you a couple of questions...am I just seeing shadows here or should we do something??? This is way out of hand...I do believe though when the story runs in the paper I will send a copy to the human resources guy that called my daughter pretty much a liar and ask him what else he thinks we are right about...
One more question...sorry....get them all in here...She applied for unemployment because we heard the company has to "prove" the firing to the state...They told her today the decision was in the mail, last they told us was the company had not returned the information on the firing..so i guess they made the decision...so we are waiting on that decision now..but if it comes through with the state not believing in the validity of the firing doesn't that give us something to work with??? We really just want this reason for firing off her name...And also on the "for us" side..if the company tried to fight her getting unemployment they have to provid all proof..whcih means she will finally get to see what the so called letters contain against her, at least thats what the lady said from the state, that my daughter would get to see everything...has anyone ever used unemployment for this??? For an unproven reason of firing..like I said before...fire her fine, but to hang this as a reason for a 20 year to carry is crazy....Thanks for the help....If it's not one thing.......Debbie

Beth3

I'm not sure I followed all of that (some paragraphs would have helped) but here are my thoughts:

1. If the manager or security guard or whomever you're talking about contacts you or your daughter and makes any threats, call the police.

2. Your daughter needs to be honest with prospective employers as to why she was fired. However she also needs to be concise in her explanation. If she gives them the thirty-minute version upon being asked "why were you fired," the interviewer will fall asleep somewhere in the middle.

3. If the employer did not respond to the UC notice, the odds are great they found in your daugher's favor. If not, then she should file for a hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">