• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threaten employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M Tagaban

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I am asking this question for my son who works for Walmart. His girlfriend also works at the same Walmart and they are both being harrassed by her ex-husband. This ex-husband is in hiding because he has 3 warrants for his arrest, and one is for failure to appear. The local authorities have orders of protections to serve him but of course they can't locate him. The co-manager at Walmart has threaten to fire both my son and his girlfriend because of the continuous phone calls from this individual. Can a business fire someone for something that they have no control of and the authorities are of aware the situation? Second question, can't a business protect it's self and employees from this type of harrassment?

swalsh411

Yes to question 1. As to question 2, how would you propose a business "protect" it's employees from phone calls?? Unless the person has come onto their property there is not much they can do except report the harassment to the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">