• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threaten to ruin career

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karen redfield

I was told to resign or my career would be ruined and I would never find another job in the area. I plan to resign but must find another job first. In the meantime, what precautions can I take to protect my career?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, if you wuold like people on this board to help you, you need to be a bit more specific.

As it stands, if this is a genuine threat and there is an implication of falsehoods being spread about you or malicious actions taken simply to ruin your career, you have either or both a defamation action and an interference with livelihood or something like that action.

Your best bet is to think long and hard about what your situation really is and what it could become and then seek the advice of an employment labor law attorney in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">