• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Threatened with discharge" not "good cause" to quit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rssmith

What is the name of your state? Texas

My supervisor had said that my job was in jeopardy and later said (in writing) that unless I met her expectations in 30 days I would be terminated on Monday, November 8, 2004. I resigned instead of waiting to be fired. The Texas Workforce Commission Web site indicates on a previous appeal that an employee has good cause to resign if they have been threatened with discharge. The TWC is saying I was not threatened with discharge using a reasonable employee standard and therefore am not entitled to unemployment insurance. Are there any court cases in Texas that apply to my specific situation?

BelizeBreeze

rssmith said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

My supervisor had said that my job was in jeopardy and later said (in writing) that unless I met her expectations in 30 days I would be terminated on Monday, November 8, 2004. I resigned instead of waiting to be fired. The Texas Workforce Commission Web site indicates on a previous appeal that an employee has good cause to resign if they have been threatened with discharge. The TWC is saying I was not threatened with discharge using a reasonable employee standard and therefore am not entitled to unemployment insurance. Are there any court cases in Texas that apply to my specific situation?
If you quit you're toast with UC. This is not a good cause for quiting. All it is is a notice that you need to do what is asked of you or be terminated.

So, do what is expected of you or be fired. simple huh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">