• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened and Trapped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

14Mandy

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I was relocated to Hawaii about 2 years ago and a supervisor was hired within the community. She has been extremely hostile toward me since she came on. She called me a "slut" to people at work who have known me for years. She has lied and badmouthed my performance and cost me any chance of promotion. During my recent review she stated that I do great work but that she is worried about my "boyfriend" and my personal life. She insinuated that I was not really ill last year when out for bleeding ulcers, but that I was really having a "nervous breakdown" and that she doesn't believe me when I am out. I don't punch a clock, I am a political consultant. I make my own hours and have never missed a beat at work. Her disgusting fascination with my personal life and the damage she has caused by backbiting in my workplace has caused me to force the issue. I have asked repeatedly to be transferred out of her division. Now, I am pretty certain they are planning to fire me. I have been here for almost 6 years and have loved my job. She has made it so hostile that I no longer feel secure and am often physically ill from the stress. It is obviously far more complicated that I have described. What can I do? They are going to fire me and leave me trapped in Hawaii with no income. I lost a fortune on my house moving here for this company and don't want to be in Hawaii! It will cost me another fortune to move and ship cars and undo what I have done by coming here for this job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">