• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatening Termination because of low Credit Applications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trking21

North CarolinaWhat is the name of your state?

I was just curious if it was legal for an employer to fire someone from a retail store due to the fact that their credit applications are down below where they think they should be. Especially whenwe live in a military town where a lot of Marines have been shipped over seas and business is already slow. There was never any contract signed saying that any certain amount had to be received within any set time frame. There is now way to control what the customer is going to do. The final decision is with the customer. I don't understand how they can hold this over their employees heads. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on this. Thanks.

pattytx

I'm a little confused. Is soliciting credit applications one of the criteria on which you are evaluated?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">