• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threats from supervisor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kado

What is the name of your state? live in Missouri, work in Kansas

was curious to know if your supervisor or manager can threaten your job in a somewhat hostile manner. I've been told, as well as all others in my "team" that if we do one thing wrong we will be fired. and if we don't like it...we'll be fired, or you can just look for another job now. We get emails with somekind of threat in it often, just wondering if there is anything I / we can do to get this crazed person off our backs. He knows very little of the working procedures we do, but will not try to learn them, and he is the one responsible for being sure we know them...very frustrating and degrading of our confidence level of knowing and doing the job. thanks for any input and help!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kado said:
What is the name of your state? live in Missouri, work in Kansas

was curious to know if your supervisor or manager can threaten your job in a somewhat hostile manner. I've been told, as well as all others in my "team" that if we do one thing wrong we will be fired. and if we don't like it...we'll be fired, or you can just look for another job now. We get emails with somekind of threat in it often, just wondering if there is anything I / we can do to get this crazed person off our backs. He knows very little of the working procedures we do, but will not try to learn them, and he is the one responsible for being sure we know them...very frustrating and degrading of our confidence level of knowing and doing the job. thanks for any input and help!!

My response:

There's nothing you can do from a legal standpoint. Being an ass-hole is not illegal.

Look, here's your reality - - you live and work in biologically, and educationally, stunted States. The people who live and work there are so far behind the times that it's ridiculous. They still believe there's "slavery" and act as if it's still the early 1800's.

These people have not progressed at all. They are mentally and emotionally incapable. Why do you think these people live and work in those States? Well, it's because of their backward, banjo-playing state of mind, and they couldn't make it anywhere else. Your boss is a prime example of someone who was a dropout, and swills moonshine for lunch. He's a hillbilly, and it's to be expected.

Knowing those facts, as you should, why are you complaining?

IAAL

Last edited:
K

kado

I agree that these two states have areas that are "backwoods"!
At this company, all have a college degrees, and most have been transfered to this area from other places around the country, since this is the "World Headquarters".
He is an Ass Hole, and has his position because of the years he's been there, not for his knowledge of the new technology.
I was just looking for some advice on how to handle the situation and wondering if I should go through his supervisor & HR, or if there was a legal leg to stand on.
thanks for your insight on the midwest! you must not get out much!! :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kado said:
I agree that these two states have areas that are "backwoods"!

MY RESPONSE: Areas? I've got news for you - - look out your window.

At this company, all have a college degrees, and most have been transfered to this area from other places around the country,

MY RESPONSE: Thank you for confirming why these people live and work there; i.e., they couldn't make it anywhere else!

since this is the "World Headquarters".

MY RESPONSE: This I'd like to see. What, is it an outhouse with a moon cutout in the door? "World Headquarters" - what a joke! That moniker makes it sound like a 60 story skyscraper. More than likely, yours is a company sharing floor space with a meat packing company.

He is an Ass Hole, and has his position because of the years he's been there, not for his knowledge of the new technology.

MY RESPONSE: You might want to re-think your theory just a little bit. It probably has more to do with incest than anything between his ears, or his "longevity" with the company. And, what's this about "new technology"? I've got a news flash for you - - the four-function calculator was invented more than 35 years ago!

I was just looking for some advice on how to handle the situation and wondering if I should go through his supervisor & HR, or if there was a legal leg to stand on.

MY RESPONSE: I already told you that there's nothing per se "illegal" about anything you've mentioned. You can go to HR if you want, but I can assure you that the people in HR are just the same. Did you know that there are no legal requirements to give you a lunch break or any other breaks during the day? If your boss told you that there are no more bathroom breaks during your shift, there's not a damn thing you could do about it!

thanks for your insight on the midwest! you must not get out much!!

MY RESPONSE: If you consider the fact that I would never step foot in those two backward States, and visiting them as "getting out", then I would have to agree with you. I don't get out much.

Seriously, what are those two States known for anyway? Barely anything worthy of note. One of them, however, can claim fame to President Truman. Can you guess which? Would the rest of the country like to forget that fact?

When has Kansas or Missouri been on the "cutting edge" of anything? Do other States follow their lead? No, I don't think so.

They're basically useless.

IAAL

P.S. By the way - - what's the "brick and mortar" house to trailer ratio in either of those States?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can go to the supervisor or HR, but they are not obligated to do anything since the behavior you describe is not illegal.

K

kado

and your great state of California...yes, cutting edge...of bankruptcy, thugs,women killers, North Mexico, terrorist, earthquakes and all those other "cutting edge" things you can keep over there. You must be one of those people they just let come to California and get a DL and do whatever you want, you probably don't even pay taxes, like all the other illegals in the state.You certainly do not love your country there are ALOT of states and wonderful places in this country ...and yes i know where Truman is from, it's about 10 miles from me ...you jerk!:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">