• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time cap on investigation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

javier galindo

HI I'm from New Jersey and our store is currently under investigation for unknown reasons. We were all interviewed and have not heard anything yet about the results. The interviews happened on Thanksgiving Eve and still nothing from upper managment. Our store hasn't spoke about what was said or done since we were told not to for confidentiality security reasons.
Since Thanksgiving Eve the store has been under alot of stress not knowing what is going on. My co-workers dont know weither to buy gifts or not. I feel there may be terminations due to reasons not being told. I myself have become more stress now than before. I feel this is psycological abuse and adding more stress to an already stressful occupation. I feel we are being used to work until the holidays are done to fill spots due to a lack staff around the area then will be let go with out a true reason. This is not fun sitting around wondering what is going on during the holidays. I do not want to lose my job but i also dont want to be used as a work horse or slave to make money for a company that will just throw me to the side once they are comfortable with the cirucumstances.

Heres the question. Once interviewed for an investigation how long does the company or upper managment have to make a claim against an employee? We are all lost on what to do. any help or adivce is greatly appriciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
HI I'm from New Jersey and our store is currently under investigation for unknown reasons. We were all interviewed and have not heard anything yet about the results. The interviews happened on Thanksgiving Eve and still nothing from upper managment. Our store hasn't spoke about what was said or done since we were told not to for confidentiality security reasons.
Since Thanksgiving Eve the store has been under alot of stress not knowing what is going on. My co-workers dont know weither to buy gifts or not. I feel there may be terminations due to reasons not being told. I myself have become more stress now than before. I feel this is psycological abuse and adding more stress to an already stressful occupation. I feel we are being used to work until the holidays are done to fill spots due to a lack staff around the area then will be let go with out a true reason. This is not fun sitting around wondering what is going on during the holidays. I do not want to lose my job but i also dont want to be used as a work horse or slave to make money for a company that will just throw me to the side once they are comfortable with the cirucumstances.

Heres the question. Once interviewed for an investigation how long does the company or upper managment have to make a claim against an employee? We are all lost on what to do. any help or adivce is greatly appriciated.
Well, since nobody knows WHY y'all are under investigation, how do you expect any of use to be able to figure out a time limit?

In any case...you could always quit a find a job with more security.
I would also suggest that you not buy gifts on credit. $25 per week in to a savings account gives you $1,300 to spend at Christmas time next year...

mlane58

I feel this is psycological abuse and adding more stress to an already stressful occupation. I feel we are being used to work until the holidays are done to fill spots due to a lack staff around the area then will be let go with out a true reason. This is not fun sitting around wondering what is going on during the holidays. I do not want to lose my job but i also dont want to be used as a work horse or slave to make money for a company that will just throw me to the side once they are comfortable with the cirucumstances. .
Give me a break, continue to do your job and if you honestly did nothing wrong, why are you stressed?

There are not any time limits. An employer can take as long as they feel is neccessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">