• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GNGERPCH

What is the name of your state? florida. I believe I was wrongfully terminated and have proof of wrong doing on employers part, (changing my attendance records and files), is there a statute of limitations on filing a lawsuit for this?

Beth3

Your employer changing your employment records does not constitute a wrongful discharge unless they did so because of a protected characteristic (age, race, gender, religion, national origin, etc.) or in retalliation for your exercising your protected rights, such as filing a worker's comp claim, making a good faith complaint to a gov't agency such as OSHA, etc.

If sounds like you need to call your State's Department of Labor and/or speak to an attorney to explain the full circumstances or your separation and determine whether there is any legal basis to file a complaint with the State or initiate a suit. If there is, then you need to ask about any statutes of limitation that apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">