• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time Limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Godlover

Hi

I am new to US and here on H1 B visa. I just came three months back and had started looking for job. Though having myself technically qualified and my communication skills are good i really really find it tough to get myself placed and i have five years of work experience and i had refined my resume according to the industry standards and still find it very difficult to find a job.

Is first break in US very difficult and normally how long does it take for a person in h1b.
Is there any effective way of looking for jobs other than the job portals. Are there any job forums which can help h1b people . Kindly advice and i am getting frustrated day by day......Please Help

SHORTY LONG

Hi

I am new to US and here on H1 B visa. I just came three months back and had started looking for job. Though having myself technically qualified and my communication skills are good i really really find it tough to get myself placed and i have five years of work experience and i had refined my resume according to the industry standards and still find it very difficult to find a job.

Is first break in US very difficult and normally how long does it take for a person in h1b.
Is there any effective way of looking for jobs other than the job portals. Are there any job forums which can help h1b people . Kindly advice and i am getting frustrated day by day......Please Help
Suggest you create a new thread in our Immigration Forum:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 Copy and
Paste link into your browser, click enter, wallah.

Then, after you have copied and pasted your post here into Immigration, kindly return
here, click edit, check box delete; reason posted in wrong Forum!

Godlover

Thanks

Hi ShortyLong and ssyr

First of all my heartfelt thanks to both of you for the answers.

ssyr i am really greatful to you as i feel even a small bit of info would be helpful to me.
I have few other questions

1. How can my h1b be transferred without pay stubs my current employer couldn market my skills and due to rates i am not able to market myself.

2. How long normally it takes for a h1b person to get job.

3. Are there any forums whick talks about h1b issues, iif u know please share with me

Again thanks a lot and lot for your help!

Kindly advice both my questions.

Aside to ShortyLong

I came to this section afer browsing the main immigration forum and then clicked the link employment and from there i came to hiring,firing and termination.

Am i still wrong? Please correct me if so.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Post this in the immigration forum - there is at least one immigration attorney who checks there regularly...

ssyr5860

immspec.com/h-1b-visa-transfer.htm. This site will give you all info abt the H-1B transfer.
Bottom line is that you should find a new employer who would have to file a petition with the USCIS regarding the employment. Some of the employers have their own legal team to do this.Alternately, you may have to seek professional guidance of an immigration attorney to do the process.

Godlover

Thanks Thanks

Hey Buddy

Thanks a lot in first place for your repeated information and no doubt they are very useful.Between you know any forums which gives guidance and tips to suggest me when employers cant find projects. If i market myself also he pushes that back cos he feels it is not going to get him big money.

what happens is that when i write in Immigration forums they say only questions related to Visas should be submitted and when i write under employment headings also i had to move here and there. Kindly suggest if you any. Thanks ,Thanks and Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">