• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timesheets confidential

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katzzs

What is the name of your state? Idaho (I'm so sorry-I screwed up my last question and it is locked and I cannot unlock it) Don't worry, I'll get the hang of this.....
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2005

Timesheets confidential?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? Idaho I collect and enter all timesheets for our department. They are not timecards; they are sheets we fill out on line. We do not put from 8am-5pm-it is strictly the number of hours you worked and whether you were sick, vacation or at work.

Several weeks ago an employee called me on a Monday and said he was sick (back problems) and wouldn't be in. I marked our "in & out" board that he was out, but the following Monday his timesheet did not show the "sick." He said he had decided to "work from home" because 1 programmer called him at home with a question. On any given day, 3 or 4 employees may call in and say they are working from home. They are exempt and non-exempt. Our big boss hates confrontations and will do nothing about it. After he told me he worked from home, I was grumbling to myself and (you guessed it) a manager heard me and I'm now on probation for 90 days because timesheets are confidential. OMG, I had no idea they were as confidential as salaries (that is what my boss said) All the timeseheet enterers in our company have them spread all over their desks for easiness sake. I'm so embarrassed and feel like such a loser-90 day probation? I will be fired if my manager decides that is the right punishment. I know Idaho is "at will" so I guess anything goes, ehh? Thank you very much. (no smiles here)What is the name of your state?

Some Random Guy

Your company decides how confidential they keep timesheet information. They also have the right to put a limit on office gossip by limiting how much you gripe about the salary, hours, behavior of others. I see nothing wrong in what they have done.

Gadfly

A person who is home sick and gets called by a coworker to solve a problem and ends up working from home also has a right to get paid for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">