• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tips

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amandamb_00

i live in Michigan and work at Garfields restaurant as a waitress. At the end of my shift I have to give 1.5% of my tips to the tip pool for the bartender and the hostess,who make minimum wage or more. And on the busier days when we have an expoditor we have to tip them out a minimum of $3 they also make minimumwage or more. Do I have to do this even though i only make $2.65 an hour or can I refuse? And can my employer get in trouble for making us do this?

S

superman

i can only say what the deal is in south carolina...here that kind of thing is common and legal....be happy: i work at a japanese steakhouse where the chefs get 8% of our sales at the end of the night, which is usually 75-90 dollars!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">