• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

top producer fired & lied to. HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kat804

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I work in sales for an auto group. I report to a General Sales Manager and a General Manager. In 4 years I have had 5 general sales managers. The same general manager remains. Its seems that every Jan they bring a new GSM in and he makes changes in staff. I am a top producer and run the best Internet dept in tri- state area. I never worried about my job. In fact, months ago my mother got suddenly ill and passed away. I was out 10 days. My General Manager said that the wheels fell off when I was gone. In return I actually got a raise. There was a point I had another job and when I gave my 2 weeks they did whatever it took to keep me. This was 8 months ago. Every month since when I go to collect my sales bonus my GM says “have I told you how happy I am that you stayed”
So Jan 11th (2 weeks after new general sales manager starts) I was shocked to see he hired his old Internet Manager to work with me. Within hours I learned I was going to be demoted. I was shocked and upset and I went in to GSM office. My timing was terrible because there was a salesperson in there arguing about a survey shop. He salesman was using obscenity’s. The GSM was already pissed off. My questioning his reasoning on replacing me didn’t help. He said, look we will find something for you. I was upset and I raised my voice. “on what grounds?” why?’ im a top producer. “ You never had a chance to work with me.” I saw I was getting upset to I asked to take a walk. My GM called me on cell. Learning the news and getting my sidde. Then and told me to relax and come back next day. When I came back he went to write me up for shouting. When I explained my side and said in fact a salesperson was cursing min prior. All I did was raise my voice asking “on what grounds” I was more hurt and upset than angry. The GM said sorry in lei of this new information I am sorry to bring you in here and tore up the write up sheet. Told me to go home for day. Next day I am called in and fired. I was told they gave the new sales manager his blessing to do what he felt necessary to run the department. He than added if I was to open a business tomorrow you would be the first one I would hire. Unfortunately the new manager was uncomfortable working with me. He gave me all I needed to apply for unemployment. This was the first time I was out of work in 22 years. I had 4 jobs in that time. Im very loyal.

I got denied unemployment for misconduct. My hearing was last week but they didn’t let me say much. Everything was irrelevant. They only wanted to know what happened in the office. Nothing that led up to it, I couldn’t speak about my sales record or anything mentioned above. I was told he would call my old GM and than call me back for rebuttal in 40 min. well my phone rang in 5. My GM refused to take call. Told unemployment to talk to his lawyer. He apologized and said they have 48 hours to call back. With Monday being a holiday they will call me for part 2 of hearing Tuesday between 1-3. I never got a call. Is it because there is no need for rebuttal? Our stories matched? Is it because my old employer never called back. My unemployment status is still the same. Issues pending.

I have a couple of job opportunity’s in late March early April. I have been out of work a month. By then I will surely be broke. In fact my wedding is a week away : (

If they try to make a case against me with lies of misconduct what chance to I stand to get my money : /
Their claims are 100% false, unwarranted and inaccurate. Several have been let go since me. New manager brought in all his old staff.

Thanks for reading I know it was long : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">