• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trade secrets/proprietary info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peeowed

What is the name of your state? pa
i had posted info in small claims section but this question is different although it does relate to my position.
taking ex-employer to court for owed commissions. he received his final demand for payment and emailed me saying he would countersue, not indicating what for but in the past he threatened me with giving away proprietary info.
i have been told before that since i did not sign a non-compete agreement, that may cover me. the ex-employer said it wouln't. the only information that was ever discussed after i left was information passed to me by an employee still working at the company. It was not information that was obtained while i was working there. Does anyone know anything about this topic? I would like to know how much I am getting myself into.
Does it help that if he had such a claim against me he hadn't done it immediately? Its obvious he is just getting back at me and doesnt want to pay my commission.

HomeGuru

peeowed said:
What is the name of your state? pa
i had posted info in small claims section but this question is different although it does relate to my position.
taking ex-employer to court for owed commissions. he received his final demand for payment and emailed me saying he would countersue, not indicating what for but in the past he threatened me with giving away proprietary info.
i have been told before that since i did not sign a non-compete agreement, that may cover me. the ex-employer said it wouln't. the only information that was ever discussed after i left was information passed to me by an employee still working at the company. It was not information that was obtained while i was working there. Does anyone know anything about this topic? I would like to know how much I am getting myself into.
Does it help that if he had such a claim against me he hadn't done it immediately? Its obvious he is just getting back at me and doesnt want to pay my commission.
**A: so just when are you actually going to take charge and file a lawsuit?

P

peeowed

i sent him a final demand for payment via certified mail which indicated i would file by the 31st of the yr (tomorrow!). his threats make me question what i am getting into but he might be a good bluffer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">