• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Training agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blh1960

I am a Radiology Service Engineer that works for a Hospital System in Missouri. We going under new management March 1st. They require you to sign a training agreement each time you go to school. Schools are very expensive. I want to know how legal these are. They require you to sign a two year agreement pro-rated for the two years. Are these binding contracts or can they keep you from the pursuit of happiness on a new job. I am reluctant to sign right now causing many waves in the organization. I want to see what the new management is like before I commit. Is that so terrible? What should I do? Should I have a lawyer look it over? I feel like I am joining the military again. By refusing can they let me go?:mad:

mlane58

Are these binding contracts
Yes they are. Like you stated they are spending alot of money on training and they have the right to ensure they get the benefit out of your training.
What should I do?
Two choices: 1. resign and find a new job 2. sign the agreement and take the training.
Should I have a lawyer look it over?
What For? what is an attorney going to do for you. They will tell you the same thing.
By refusing can they let me go?
They certaintly can.

blh1960

Thanks for the advice. This should help me make a decision.

I have heard if you live in Kansas these don't apply because of it being a Right to work State. Is that true?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">