• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tranferring from one position to another because of a mild disability in state school

• Thread starter kwf55@ yahoo.com
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kwf55@ yahoo.com

I was not allowed to trasfer from one school to another, from special education to regular education. The superindendent said I was not the better fit. I have cerebral palsy and I feel this is the reason I was not transferred. I have a written statement from a member of the interviewing team who said she reccommended me but was not consulted. The superindent stated it was a team decision but that is false. Do I have a discrimination case?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You potentially have a case as a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I would find an attorney in your state who is familiar with this law and its ramifications with schools. To do this, you can try a couple of ways:

1. Try attorneypages.com and look up an attorney there OR

2. Try your state bar association by calling 411 and when you get through to the bar, tell them your question and have them help you be referred.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you in all of your endeavors! : - )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">