• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer Taken Away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curiousgeorge1

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I have worked in a hospital for 7 years. A new position was created within the facility about 4 months ago. The manager of that position offered me the job with the CEO's approval. I had to wait for human resources to complete the necessary paperwork. 2 months in, the manager of that position quit her job, but the CEO assured me that the job was still mine, my transfer paperwork just had to be completed. (human resources is very slow). Last week a new manager for this position was hired and she is recruiting someone ELSE for "MY" position! Now the CEO says that even though he told me the job was mine, he has to consider this other applicant before he can award it.

I was told today that although we are both similarly qualified, the other applicant was the new manager's choice, and that I will not be receiving the job.

The office had been painted and decorated for me, I've purchased a new wardrobe, I've taken the workshops for this position, all in preparation due to what the CEO has told me all this time.

Do I have legal recourse here?

H

hexeliebe

Of course you have recourse. You can enjoy the wardrobe, smell the paint as you walk by the office and benefit from the training you received.

As for LEGAL recourse, no, you have none.

C

curiousgeorge1

Why Not?

Thanks for your reply. What about oral representation by management? If the job was promised to me, why do I NOT have recourse?

H

hexeliebe

because they can change their minds. Simple as that. This is NOT a verbal contract. nor is it a written contract.

Simply they changed their minds and are allowed to.

C

curiousgeorge1

Verbal Contract?

Thanks for your reply once again. I'm sure you'll forgive my lack of 'socialization' as this is the first time I've participated in something like this.

In your knowledge, what constitutes a verbal contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">