• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

africa

I was fired do to hearsay. Some one said I did not wash a patient who could not wash themselves. The termination papers show it was someone who could wash themselves. Can I get my job back? If the 3 people who said they saw this they knew it was not true.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was fired do to hearsay. Some one said I did not wash a patient who could not wash themselves. The termination papers show it was someone who could wash themselves. Can I get my job back? If the 3 people who said they saw this they knew it was not true.
Nope. You can be fired to any reason at all.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Assuming that you are in the US, you can get your job back IF your employer decides to allow it. However, even if you could provide 60 witnesses to prove that you did wash the patient, nothing in US law would force the employer to give you your job back.

commentator

Get your job back? No. If they want to fire you, they can. If it is proved they did not fire you for a good or valid reason, you may be able to qualify for unemployment benefits, depending on how long you have worked there and for other covered employers in the last 2 years. File for unemployment right away. If there are people who say that you did not do what you were accused of doing, you may be able to have them state at the unemployment hearing (if you have one) what they saw, and you may get approved to draw benefits, no matter what your employers said. But there's no way, lying or telling the truth, fair or unfair, you can force them to give you the job back if they don't want to in an at-will state, and I bet you live in one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">